Friday, November 12, 2010

GREAT NEWS! SURGERY IS SCHEDULED

We've got the greatest news ever, several friends  of mine had their blood work done at Columbia.


Two of them were potential matches, they told us they would look at both options and choose - they spoke to both and now have the surgery on Wednesday, January 5th at 8am.

We check in the Hospital at 6am.

My Dad, Kammie and my step mom will be up here for the week of surgery and then Dad will Stay and fly home on the 21st. Then my first cousin Justin will come up here for the next week then Gretchen will come up the week after that. I am working out the schedule for the weeks to follow after that until I am able to drive since i have to go back n forth to Columbia for check ups for the first few months.

My donor, will need to be off work for up to a month and take it easy for that time so the healing will do well.

I will be in the hospital up to 5 days or so and hopefully my donor will only be in the hospital for 2 days.

I am scared and excited at the same time.

In the process of finalizing hotel reservations, airline reservations, and logistics since i will not be driving and having to get family and caretakers to and from airports to my condo etc... but it will all work out.

I am very thankful and now just focusing on staying healthy, raising money to help cover costs and looking forward to the beginning of the rest of my life - I will be off dialysis and healthy(for me) thank god after this surgery.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment