Sunday, November 14, 2010

taking it day by day

This was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time, I slept 2 nights in a row for 4 1/2 straight, it was a miracle... I  haven't really had much sleep since July when I had this Catheter put in and started Dialysis early August ..so that was a win and I take each little victory that i can get each day.

Just think in 2 months, i will not have this catheter in me causing pain and  maybe i will sleep, i can't wait to catch up on sleep - who would have thought sleep deprivation causes so many problems.

I got alot accomplished, Dad and my step mom Kathy's flights booked, Hotel rooms booked for family and donor, cable vision appointment made. With Dad being up here for 2 1/2 weeks helping take care of me, my closed captioning isn't working on my TV (only 1 1/2 year old) so Sharp said it was CableVision that needs to come out and fix due to the way they hooked it up.  Dad is very hard of hearing and I have supersonic hearing and dont like loud noises when I am sick or trying to rest...so it must be fixed.

I am also hoping to get all the kitchen and bathroom repairs done this week, so that it will all be done by the time I have surgery. So lots going on.

Work is crazy as usual, but they are being very gracious and we are interviewing for a temp to help fill in for me for a few months while I am on leave. Hopefully we will find someone soon.

I am happy to be off of work next week to visit with my friend Gretchen and try to relax and enjoy the holiday and look forward to all the new adventures 2011 will bring once I am well.

Happy Sunday,

M

No comments:

Post a Comment