Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dialysis at Home

As many of you know, I now am doing Dialysis in the comfort of my own home.

It has been an adventure to say the least- The Machine isnt' that hard to work, its just the process prepping for the machine to work and the steps i have to take to plug up and to make sure i am not contaminating my port or the bags of fluid that go into me.

I didn't mess it up and i've done 3 days of Dialysis so far.

I have 2 big issue's with it so far :

1. The Pain in my Pelvic area - it is excrutiating
      I know I've blogged about it before, but geez i need it to go away- this catheter needs to quit tap dancing on my Uteris.

2. The noise
    As many of you know, I am a very light sleeper so the pulsating noise and the beeps keep me up at night.

I know i will become asjusted to the noise and it will be like a noisy airconditioner that you just get used to, but i am hoping and praying that this pain lets up.  It happens each time I drain and that is 5x a night so I am up curled up and screetching in pain every 1 1/2 hours - so sleep hasn't been happening much for me.

All i can say is that is this is the worst of it, i can do this until I find a match...

Now i need to learn how to travel with all of the equiptment - The Machine I will carry on, but each day i use 8000 ml of fluid plus all of the bandages, caps, mats, disenfectants, tubes and machine cartridges that must go with it.  I know i will have to ship all of that so we will see how that goes. I travel the last week of September again for work to OKC and Dallas.

Hope all is well with you, more later,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment